- On Friday April 10th, 2015
- business communication, cloud technology, hosted pbx, hosted PBX benefits, private brand exchange, telephone systems, voip phone
Businesses today resemble less and less in structure or in operations to those of even just a few decades ago. Employees have different expectations, employers have different intentions, and technologies have surfaced that have forever changed the way companies function.
Many of the recent technologies have made it easier for small businesses to improve their services and function at competitive levels without having to spend over budget. Hosted private brand exchange (PBX) is one of those technologies and offers businesses the chance to improve their communications in a manner that is consistent with the current business landscape.
Detailing Hosted PBX
Hosted PBX allows businesses the opportunity to utilize advanced telephone systems without the need for additional on-premises telephone equipment. Employees are given the chance to work from remote locations or their cell phones under a single office telecom system.
Hosted PBX is another cloud-based technology that has transformed the workplace. Flexibility has become one of the priorities of employees and the variety of cloud systems has made this level of flexibility possible without compromising quality of work or effectiveness of communicating within the office or with clients.
Benefits of Hosted PBX
Organizations could benefit from the advantages of a hosted PBX in the following ways:
- Cost: This is always important for any business and the lower cost is usually the first advantage to incorporating a hosted PBX. Not having to purchase an excess of additional physical hardware is an immediate cost savings.
- Local Connection: Another useful attribute of a hosted PBX is the ability to have a local number in cities in which you are not physically present. This service essentially lets you create a virtual office presence anywhere in the world.
- Professionalism: Calls can be put on hold with music, transferred to different extensions, used for conference calls, plus much more, depending on your company’s needs.
- Voice Over IP (VoIP): This option actually eliminates the need for a telephone at all. Instead, calls are made by plugging a line into your Internet and using a softphone on your computer to handle calls.
- Scalability: The number of users can increase and decrease with the size and functions of your business. There is no pressure to purchase an estimated number of phones and phone lines from your provider; just scale the software as required.
- Maintenance: As the main server is owned and operated by the hosting company, they take care of the day-to-day care of the core system; no longer do you have to worry about patching or maintaining the system. This can even include upgrading or replacing the servers.
- Always Current: The hosting provider ensures that the software on the system is always at the most current level. Customers don’t have to worry about continuously paying to have the system upgraded or have themselves stay on an older, less capable level.
All of these benefits, plus the fact that hosted PBX meets current business’ desire to consume and buy technology in a different way, makes it a viable communications solution for nearly all small- and medium-sized businesses. Unity Connected Solutions is the full-service communications company of choice who can implement this system and improve aspects of your company’s operations. For more information, contact Unity Connected Solutions today.